Sunday, November 27, 2011

Mark of a Warrior (Testimony)

Oct. 5, 2011- A day that I will hold on to for the rest of my life. I woke up with a very severe stomach pain. My Dad called the ambulance where they rushed me to PG Hospital Center. When there, the Doctor discovered my condition and diagnosed it as a "volvulus" which is a bowel obstruction with a loop of bowel that abnormally twisted on itself. I knew that this was an attack from the enemy to take me out before I could even reach the surface of what God has for my future.
Oct. 6, 2011- The Doctor performs the surgery to remove the volvulus. From that day on, I stayed in the Hospital so that they could run further testing as well as give me time to recover. However, these days were an incredible challenge for me, because I still developed problems digesting my food. I soon found myself vomiting not only my food, but also the inner lining of my stomach. Talk about a full-fledged assault, I was in the warfare of my life. No matter what, I still kept my faith because I knew that No Weapon Formed Against Me was going to prosper (Isaiah 54:17), and that by the stripes of Jesus I was already healed (Isaiah 53:5). It was only a matter of me walking out that word by taking the steps that I needed to take to recover and heal. Thankfully, God sent visitors my way to encourage me, to pray with me, for me and to speak healing and victory over me. Lord, Thank you! I knew that I was not wrestling against flesh and blood, which is why all I had was my faith and God's Word to bring me through. Although I could properly swallow my physical food, I was still able to taste and see that the Lord, is was and will always be good!! 
Oct. 17, 2011- The Dr. had no other choice, but to perform a second operation because one of my bowels twisted over itself, which further caused my vomiting. A tube was also placed to remove the toxins in my body. Once that was over, I was able to swallow my food again. I made a rapid progression from liquid foods back to solid foods. By the end of the week, I was informed that I would soon be discharged and sent home because of my progress.
Oct. 22, 2011- It was official. I was finally discharged and sent home! God's hand operated through the Doctor and the surgeons. He orchestrated everything that went on and placed enough strength in me, both physically and spiritually to overcome this trial. He does not put more on us than we can bear and I can attest to that. As a result of being a fully dedicated disciple of Christ, I am able to testify that I am more than a conqueror and I was not left nor forsaken.
Nov. 24, 2011- I was blessed to have Thanksgiving with my family along with being able to eat well.

Now, I will continue to look up because the best is yet to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment