Thursday, May 6, 2010

Man on a mission

Hello everyone, I am back with another strong post and this will be quite different from the others. Allow me to open with a word of prayer. Father God in the name of Jesus, I come to you repenting of my sins and of my iniquities. Lord, I pray for diligence and stronger faith to please you and let my heart be broken by the things that break your heart. Father God I repent for any damaged relationships and I pray that they will be recovered and brought back together because I realize that I am the common denominator of the wrong things that go on around me and I pray that this blog will help someone else take a closer look at their life and examine themselves further to see if they are of the faith as well. Lord, I pray that the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart are acceptable in thy sight in Jesus name, Amen. Tonight's blog I will be talking about doubt which is the poison of faith which leads to distrust that ultimately leads to broken relationships. This is a very important subject to me, because right now I have become very frustrated about claiming to live by faith and have shreds of doubt the next. Without faith, I am absolutely nothing because faith is able to help me see past my limitations into that which is unseen but on the other side. I am tired of inconsistency within not only my life, but often times in Christianity period. I am not knocking my faith, but I get very angry the moment I say or do something that goes totally against what I profess. I have done a lot of things that I am very very ashamed of and allowing doubt to affect my thinking is one of them. I am ashamed of the miscommunication that I have caused and sometimes when I believe that I have made two steps forward, I end up taking two or three steps backward. I guess it is because I must have such an extra high expectation level and standard for myself that some of the slightest mistakes would totally aggravate me. I am on a mission to correct all of the wrong that I have made in my life before my judgment day comes. I may be only 20 years old, but when I look back at my life sometimes I look at myself as if I did a million different things wrong. Even though I did not physically carry out a lot of those things, the fact that my thinking was bad is enough for me to handle. As I have previously stated, I am very ashamed about how I have hurt those around me and I like to make up not only by word but by my actions because I believe that is what true repentance is. Repentance is a complete change of the mind to turn away from sin into a totally opposite direction. I am on a mission to show others a true genuine model of the Christian life. People such as myself are so sick and tired and disgusted of a bunch of over spiritual windbags who use church lingo and throw scriptures around like passes in football, but the moment that you do something to slightly upset them, they are ready to curse you out faster than Stone Cold flipping the finger at Vince McMahon. I know that we are all human, do not get me wrong, but there comes a time where we must carefully control our tongue so that the flesh will not dominate. The last thing that I want to do is be a hypocrite about anything because I am very serious about the lifestyle that I live because I am determined to make sure that my life counts for something significant and if it does not, I do not know why I carry the title "Christian" and pick up a Bible in the first place. I do not want to sound like some kind of fool that blabs off every single thing that comes to his head, but this frustration that I have has been held inside boiling for a long time and this is the perfect therapy for me because I internalize many different things so that when the time comes, I can shoot off whatever I need to say. This blog is a perfect example because I know that I am not alone and that there are not only thousands, but millions of people like me who strive constantly to be the best that they can be for God and nothing less. I hope that I do not lose anybody, but I hope that whoever reads this understands where I am coming from because I am being as transparent as I possibly can. Often times I may come off as someone who can be a little too uptight but you are reading the blog of a man who has gone through and done some rough as well as stupid things and I try extremely hard to live down my past and drown out my pain. Therefore, I have learned that the only solution to that is a strong relationship with God through Jesus Christ. I know that may sound cliche to some but it is the truth. I have seen the danger that comes and the damage that is done from the decisions that people make when they do not know God and I cannot afford to mess this up because I realize that I have a huge investment on my success and ninety nine and a half will not do as the old folks used to say. I am determined to constantly repent and live for God all the way because I am absolutely ashamed, embarrassed of and furious about who I was in the past which has driven me to study God's Word even more and even harder so that I can see where I have fallen short so that I can make up for it. I know that I cannot pay this debt of sin that I owe by myself because of what Christ did for me, but I do know that it costs me everything to live a clean, and faithful life. At the end of the day, I forget those things which are behind and reach for the things that are before as I press toward the mark of the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. From this point on, I am constantly editing and rewriting my life story by deleting the foolishness of my past and writing even greater chapters for my future because I want to be the Excellence of Execution for the Kingdom of God and because God is greater than any and every enemy that comes my way, I want to be the best in everything that I do so that I reflect him. I do not mean to use a catch phrase from a certain Canadian Legend, but because my Heavenly Father (Jesus) is the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be, I must pattern myself after him.

Philippians 3:13-15

13Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

14I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

15Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

Colossians 3:22-25:

22Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God;

23And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;

24Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

25But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.

Matthew 7:13-14 :

13Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.


Hebrews 12:

1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

2Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

3For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.

4Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

1 Corinthians 13:11:

11When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

Ephesians 4 :

22That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;

23And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;

24And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

25Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.

26Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:

27Neither give place to the devil.

Lamentations 3 :

21This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.

22It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.

23They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

24The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.

25The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.

26It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.

27It is good for a man that he bear the yoke in his youth.

2 Timothy 2 :

19Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

20But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.

21If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

22Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

No comments: